Friday, June 28, 2013

Wait For It


“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary.  His understanding is unsearchable.  He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary. And the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:28-31

What do you do when you wait?  

“To wait entails confident expectation and active hope in the Lord – never passive resignation.” (Bible Commentary)

For the last week, I have been praying anxiously to the LORD for Him to reveal His will to me regarding a certain request.  As I was praying today, all of the sudden I pictured a football game where God was the quarterback holding the ball and I was on the field running back and forth waving my hands trying to get His attention so that God would throw me the ball/answer me.  As I had this visual in my mind, I had an “Aha” moment. I said this in my prayer, “God, I get it - just like a skilled quarterback, You know when I will be in the perfect position and the right state of mind to hear Your will for me.  What you desire from me is to actively keep watching You and preparing myself to receive Your guidance and direction.”

Sometimes as we wait on the LORD to reveal His plan and His will for us, we can become impatient and we take things in our own hands which sometimes results in a “fumble”.  I am not a football fan like my husband is, but I know what a fumble is - a fumble is failure to hold or maintain a hold on the ball. 

As you actively wait on the Lord, remember this - at the right moment - just when He knows you will be in that perfect position to hear, His grace will allow you to know His will.  Whatever God’s will is for you in any of your situations, know that if He throws you the ball and you have been obediently watching Him and waiting with confident expectation, it will always result in many yards gained and up to and including a touchdown – WAIT FOR IT!

“Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:28-31

 

No comments:

Post a Comment