Thursday, June 27, 2013

Radiant


“Those who look to Him are radiant...” Psalm 34:5

A very special friend of mine gave me a Christmas gift that keeps on giving!  She used her gift of calligraphy and wrote some of the words of an old hymn by Helen Lemmel. 

Over the years, God has brought my attention to this special gift that sits in my kitchen.  Here are the words:

Turn your eyes upon
J e s u s
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth
Will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory & grace.

Do you know what I have found? 

Whenever I am disappointed, my eyes are not on Jesus.

Whenever I am anxious,

Whenever I am discouraged,

Whenever I am unkind,

Whenever I am afraid,

Whenever I am selfish,

Whenever I am stressful,

Whenever I am judgmental,

Whenever I am downcast,

Whenever I am worried, my eyes are not on Jesus.

Do you know what is interesting though? As soon as God reminds me to turn my eyes upon Jesus and look full in His wonderful face, almost instantly my countenance changes.  My facial expression is calm and I am encouraged from the innermost being.  I also notice that when my eyes are on Jesus, I give more grace, love and forgiveness to others because everything I am expecting others to give me, I receive from HIM.

Has someone or has something disappointed you?  Are you expecting perfection right here on earth? Maybe you just need to remind yourself that everything you need, want, and are hoping for, is in the face of Jesus!

LORD, thank you for being our source of peace.  Thank you for reminding us to turn our eyes upon You. May we reflect Your radiance as we look unto You.  In Jesus’ Name we pray – Amen.

“I sought the LORD, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:4-5

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment