Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Peace On A Tightrope


"If I say, “My foot slips,” Your unfailing love, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comfort delights my soul.” Psalm 94:18-19

What concern do you have on your heart today? What is causing you to feel that your foot is slipping? The Bible says that His mercy, His unfailing love will hold us up and support us.

Sometimes, the concerns we have begin to multiply within us and our concerns start having a compound effect and before we know it our peace is gone – nowhere to be found. The Bible says when those anxieties within us begin to multiply, His words of truth and words of comfort delight our soul!

When I think of God keeping our foot from slipping, I think of the day when I watched Nik Wallenda walk across the Grand Canyon on a tightrope without any safety nets (you may have seen him as well). Even in the midst of the multitude of his anxieties, God’s words of truth delighted his soul and gave him peace. Here are some statements that he spoke to His LORD unashamed as the world watched and listened:

“Thank you Jesus for this view.” “Lord, help this cable to calm down by the authority of Christ.” “Calm those winds in the Name of Jesus.” “Keep me calm.” “Help me to relax Father - You are my King.” “You are my Protector.” “You are my Shield.” “You are my Strength.” “You are my LORD.” “He (the enemy) has no hold on me.” “How I love You.” “He is giving me strength.” “Yes, Jesus keep this cable calm, you are my Savior.” “God, You are so good.” “Peace that passes all understanding – overcome me.” “Show glory to Your Name.” “You are my King.” “You are my peace, my wisdom, my guidance.” “LORD, you are everything.” “You are my All and All.”

Nik Wallenda safely walked across the Grand Canyon because God’s words of truth and God’s words of comfort delighted his soul and gave Him peace. Whatever you are “walking across” and whatever “winds” you are facing that threaten you to become unbalanced, know that God’s unfailing love will hold you up and keep your foot from slipping as you turn to Him for peace and strength!

Take a few moments today - not tomorrow but today - to open up His Word and enjoy His presence and let Him delight your soul. As you turn your face towards Him, may He release you from an anxious heart and delight your soul with His comfort and peace!

“He calms the storm, so that its waves are still. Then they are glad because they are quiet; so He guides them to their desired haven.” Psalm 107:29-30

Below I have attached the link to Nik Wallenda's crossing of the Grand Canyon should you like to watch it at your leisure.




No comments:

Post a Comment