Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Will Care For You

“I will be your God through all your lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with age.  I made you and I will care for you.  I will carry you along and be your Savior.” Isaiah 46:4

One day, our pastor shared with us how sometimes we know we have a need - but we don’t know exactly what that need is until we see it and experience it.  He shared an example of one day while he was at home, he knew he was craving something  - but couldn’t put his finger on what it was until his son walked into the room with a tall glass of ice water.  As soon as he saw it, he said, “That is exactly what I want and what I need.” 

God not only knows what we need physically, but He knows what we need emotionally and spiritually.  Yesterday morning, the LORD pointed me to the scripture above and as soon as I read it, it was like a tall refreshing glass of ice water on a scorching day.  God’s words were just what I needed and I felt the care of the Lord. Later in the afternoon, His Words continued to refresh me as God showed me the same scripture through a book that I had not picked up for several years. 

Have you seen and felt God’s care for you? He knows your every need even before you know it and goes before you to provide and care for you.

Has God provided a smile to you from your child?

Has God provided a cool place for you when it was scorching hot outside?

Has God provided helping hands to carry your heavy loads when you were weary?

Has God provided you with a time of fellowship that has enriched you and lightened your heart?

Maybe this evening you may want to step outside and look up into the heavens and remind yourself of the One who created all the stars for us to enjoy. The Bible says in Isaiah 40:26, “He brings the stars out like an army, one after another, calling each by its name. Because of His great power and incomparable strength, not a single one is missing.”

Today be encouraged as you remember that not a single star is missing and not a single day goes by without His tender care for you.  He not only walks with you but He has promised to carry you throughout your lifetime – even when your hair is white with age!  

HEAVENLY FATHER, thank you for knowing what we need before we ask You.  Thank you for providing and meeting those needs at the right time  - just when we need it.  LORD, may you use us to show Your love and care to those around us and may You receive the glory that is due to Your Name.   In Jesus’ Name I pray – Amen.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written--and SO truthful...wisdom from God's refreshing WORD! Thank you, Jasmine!

    And, yes...today especially, God "painted" a beautiful sky for us to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RoseAnn,

    Thank you for your timely encouragement! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July with your family!

    With My Love,

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete