Monday, October 7, 2013

Get A "Peace" Of God

“Do not be anxious about anything. But in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 6:-7

What is peace of mind?  I asked my daughters what peace of mind means to them. Here is what they shared with me:

“Peace of mind is to know that I have done everything in my ability and now I rest it in God’s hands.”

“Peace of mind is to know that whatever God is up to, I have the faith that it is for my good and His glory.”

“Peace of mind is being confident that no matter what the outcome may be, I am at peace because I know that God is in control.”

“Imagine never being “anxious about anything”! It seems like an impossibility – we all have worries on the job, in our homes, at school. But Paul’s advice is to turn our worries into prayers. Do you want to worry less? Then pray more! Whenever you start to worry stop and pray.  True peace is not found in positive thinking, in the absence of conflict, or in good feelings. It comes from knowing that God is in control!” Commentary

“With God we can know perfect peace even in turmoil. When we are devoted to Him, our whole attitude is steady and stable. Supported by God’s unchanging love and mighty power, we are not shaken by the surrounding chaos. Do you want peace? Keep your thoughts on and your trust in God...” Commentary

“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” Isaiah 26:3

FATHER, thank you for reminding us that you are in absolute control! What peace that gives your children to know that we can rest in your loving care and in your absolute sovereignty. Thank you for the gift of peace that only You can give. In Jesus’ Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment