Sunday, August 25, 2013

Downside Up!

"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed. Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, says my soul, therefore I hope in Him." Lamentations 3:21-24

Are you living above or under your circumstances?

When we are living under our circumstances, it means that our worries, our concerns and our troubles are weighing heavily upon us and they have control over our behavior, our emotions, our relationships and our countenance. When we are living above our circumstances, the circumstances do not control our emotions, our relationships or our behavior because our focus is on the LORD and that enables us to rise above our circumstances rather than suffer under our troubles.

"Everyday presents us a new opportunity to discover and experience more of God's love." Commentary

Even in the midst of the worst circumstances, look for signs of God's mercy and refocus your eyes and your heart upon the great faithfulness of God who is full of compassion, mercy, love and hope.

The writer of Lamentations, the prophet Jeremiah, remembered God's faithfulness when he was full of anguish and that brought a change to his emotions - so much so - that he was inspired by God to write the above encouraging and hopeful scriptures.

When you feel down, look up - downside up!

I hope you enjoy this song that I have linked below :)

http://youtu.be/60o3UP4Kjwg




No comments:

Post a Comment