Thursday, November 20, 2014

When I Rise

“The moment you wake up each morning, all your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals. And the first job each morning consists in shoving it all back; in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other, larger, stronger quieter life come flowing in.” C. S. Lewis

Is this true for you as you rise each morning? I know at times it is true for me - all my wishes and hopes for the day rush at me like wild animals. And this is especially true for me during the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons when my list for the day is even longer!

Do you know what I have found and I am sure you have found this too - nothing gives our day more completeness, fulfillment and joy than when we talk to our heavenly Father in prayer and listen to Him when we open up His Holy Word.

I admit to you that there are mornings that everything in me wants to grab my purse and run out the door to accomplish a wish or hope I have for the day. But when I shove all those desires back and take the time to listen to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other, larger, stronger quieter life come flowing in, I never regret it as I am embraced by the arms of the Almighty!

I believe God’s heart of love says to His children, “Spend time with Me, My love, I desire to give you peace and strength and hope and encouragement and guidance for your day.”

With great anticipation, let’s press towards the goal of letting God quiet our soul and let's sit down, open up the Word of God and enjoy the fellowship with our King!

“I rejoice at Your Word as one who finds great treasure.” Psalm 11:162




No comments:

Post a Comment