Sunday, September 28, 2014

Take Time

“Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well!” Psalm 90:12(MSG)

Recently I was looking at the calendar on my iPhone when I accidentally scrolled down too quickly and I found myself looking at the entire calendar year for 1941! As I used my thumb to scroll back to the 2014 calendar, I went on a nostalgic journey as I saw all the calendar years pass before my eyes. I saw the year I was born, the year I was married, each birth year of my children and the years that were turning points in my life. 

As quickly as my thumb scrolled through the calendar years on my phone, was as quickly as it seems life has gone by.

As I was sharing this nostalgic journey with my husband, we both acknowledged that time is moving faster than we would like. When we are young, we feel it is going by so slooooowly.  But when we are in our 50’s and above, it seems to zoom by. 

Both my husband and I wished we knew then what we know now. Below are just a few thoughts that ran through our minds.:

… Take time - life is a gift! Life is precious and we should savor and enjoy it as much as possible.

… What seemed to be big challenges in life when we were young adults, wasn’t worthy of all our worry because God always proved to be faithful.

… No need to be afraid - God is worthy of ALL our trust and when we put our hope in Him - He never disappoints us.

… Enjoy each moment when your children are young because before you know it, they will be grown adults.

… Cherish the times you have with family and friends - celebrate that they are in your life.

... Always put God first - love Him with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength - you will never regret it.

... "Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind." Ecclesiastes 12:13

Let's take the time .... before the time takes us!

“You only have one life to live and it will soon be past, but what you do for Christ, that will last.” Chuck Smith 









No comments:

Post a Comment