Thursday, June 26, 2014

God And God Alone!

“When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. Then He placed His right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.” Revelation 1:17-18

One evening, I walked into my youngest daughter’s room to say goodnight - she had just finished reading her Bible and she said this to me, “Mom, I did not know who I was dealing with!” My daughter was reading in Revelation and her respect for God grew into an awe that left her speechless!

Sometimes I believe we forget who God is. We know that He is love but we forget that He also is Sovereign, Powerful and Just! Revelations 1:17:18 says that Jesus holds the keys of death and Hades! In other words, He holds our lives in His hands!

Sometimes we forget the fact that He is in control. Sometimes our ability to gets things done, the sense of competency that comes with doing all we need to do, can give us the illusion that we have control over our life and the lives of others. Every morning God allows us to make decisions about what we do during the day, how we spend our money, and where we move about, but this freedom God allows us doesn’t mean we are in control of our life and that truth should give us an unbelievable peace!

Why should that truth give us peace? Because the God who holds our lives in His hands wants the best for us! Never forget that truth – He wants the best for you always! 

Do you need to be reminded today that God holds your life in His hands?

He holds our loved ones in His hands.

He holds our job in His hands.

He holds our health in His hands.

He holds our marriage in His hands.

He holds our future in His hands.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the ALMIGHTY.” Revelations 1:8

Let's give honor to the One who is the beginning and the end of all existence, wisdom and power! Let's honor the Only One fit to take the universe's throne!



No comments:

Post a Comment