Friday, February 7, 2014

Seeing Red


As we all know, when we hear someone say, “I’m seeing red!” it usually means they are very angry and ready to blow their top! But may I suggest for us to see a different red?

In some Bibles, whenever you see the print change from black to red, it represents that Jesus is speaking. When we focus upon Christ’s words with an open heart, Jesus changes our emotions, He changes our hearts, and He changes the direction of our path that can change the direction of our life! 

But God’s Word is not only limited to the print in red, all Scripture is God-breathed! “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16

The Bible says in Hebrews 4:12, “For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edge sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

“The Word of God is not simply a collection of words from God, a vehicle for communicating ideas; it is living, life-changing, and dynamic as it works in us. With the incisiveness of a surgeon’s knife, God’s Word reveals who we are and what we are not. It penetrates the core of our moral and spiritual life. It discerns what is within us, both good and evil. The demands of God’s Word require decisions. We must not only listen to the Word; we must also let it shape our lives.” Bible Commentary

The Bible is composed of 66 books, by about 40 different writers of various backgrounds, yet they present one message. Such a miracle can only be explained by there being one divine Author, who was in control of all these human writers.

“The Bible is not a human book. Through the Holy Spirit, God revealed His person and plan to certain believers, who wrote down His message for His people (2 Peter 1:20, 21). This process is known as inspiration. The writers wrote from their own personal, historical and cultural contexts. Although they used their own minds, talents, language, and style, they wrote what God wanted them to write. Scripture is completely trustworthy because God was in control of its writing. Its words are entirely authoritative for our faith and lives. The Bible is “God-breathed.” Read it, and use its teachings to guide your conduct.” Bible Commentary

I have regretted a lot of things that I have done in my life, but I have never regretted the times that I have sat down and opened the Holy Bible!

When I have been weary, God’s Word has encouraged me.

When I have been afraid, God’s Word has strengthened me.

When I have been anxious, God’s Word has calmed my anxious heart.

When I have been prideful, God’s Word has humbled me.

When I needed wisdom to know what to do, God pointed me to just the right scripture to shed light upon my path and give me peace.

When I needed to be reminded how much God loves me, God’s Word comforted me and melted my heart with His tender thoughts towards me.

Whenever I want to draw close to my Savior, My Father and my Redeemer, I open up His Word, and delight in His presence!

“Seeing Red” is a good thing if it is God’s Words! 

Let’s not wait until we have time to open up and read the Bible because the time will never be found. Let’s make it our priority to spend time with God in His Word!  

Let God speak to us directly and watch how He will shape our life and give us purpose and peace!


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment