Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Sweet Taste Of Forgiveness!

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” 1 John 1:9

Recently I made a decision by going ahead of God and not waiting for His timing. I was hasty in making my decision. Although I prayed for God’s will for more than several days, I made the decision even before the peace of God was in my heart. As soon as I made my  decision, I felt guilt ridden.

It wasn’t a sin in what I decided to do – it was harmless – but I was taking the action into my hands and decided to move forward instead of waiting for God's confirmation. 

Have you ever felt guilty? Usually we feel that the emotion of “guilt” is a bad thing – but see below at what this Bible commentary says about it:

“No one likes to feel guilty. Like an unwelcome guest, guilt shows up at the worst possible time and does not go away no matter how much you wish it would.

Yet the truth is that we need guilt. It is the only proper response to any offense, whether a selfish thought, or premeditated murder. Even a nonbeliever wants a burglar to feel remorse for his theft. Why? Because he should. Guilt exposes the truth that we wish to avoid: We have all sinned. John, who is the author of the book of 1 John, puts it this way: “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:8).

But John does not leave us with this dismal picture of ourselves. Instead he goes on to paint a glorious portrait of a forgiving God. This is our only hope: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). Guilt does more than just deliver the distressing news. It unlocks the door to forgiveness. Progress, change, reform, and (most important of all) God’s forgiveness all start with confession.”

Confession works against the worst part of human nature, the part that imagines itself to be better than it really is. This mindset always stops short of confessing; it would rather ignore or ease feelings of guilt than admit them. But only open confession of our sins will completely cleanse us. Only when we admit that we are sinners, unworthy of God’s grace, can we make a fresh start.” Commentary

I ran to my heavenly Father, confessed my sin to Him and He reminded me of this glorious truth: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteous.”  My confession to Him, freed me to enjoy my fellowship with Christ! 

I always want God to have His way in my life. Whenever I believe I got my way, I lose. But whenever I submit to God's will and His timing, I always win and you will always win too!

No matter what your sin may be - large or small - never forget this truth: Not only does God forgive us when we confess our sins to Him, but because of Jesus being the perfect sacrifice, He LOVES to forgive us! HE LOVES TO FORGIVE YOU and give you a fresh new start! Our God is a forgiving God! 

“…God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance…” Romans 2:4

“Self-evaluation is difficult, and it is even more difficult to expose our conduct to God and let Him tell us where we need to change. But as Christians we must pray constantly that God will point out our sins, so that HE can heal them. Unfortunately, we are more likely to be amazed at God’s patience with others than humbled at his patience with us.” Commentary

FATHER, thank you that you give us plenty of time to repent. Thank you for your patience! Thank you that it is your kindness that brings us to a place of confession. Thank you that you never want us to feel condemnation but conviction of our sins so that we can receive and almost taste the sweetness of forgiveness! Thank you that because of the perfect and righteous sacrifice of Jesus, You can be completely just and yet forgive us!









No comments:

Post a Comment