Monday, August 4, 2014

God Knows All The Moves!

“You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.” Psalm 139:1-6

Do you need to be reminded today that God sees you, thinks about you, protects you, and has His hand upon your life?

There are times in our life when we may be tempted to think that God has forgotten us. Psalm 139 is just one of the places in the Bible that makes it clear that God never forgets us. We can become discouraged when after praying, we either see no change in our situation or the situation takes a turn for the worst. Don’t be deceived: God is always working whether we see it or not!

Recently, a good friend shared with me that she had found an old photo of her mom when she was only twelve years old. In this photo, her mom was surrounded by a group of people. As my friend looked closer to the people standing in the photo, she was taken back with a sense of wonder when she recognized the lady that “happened” to be standing right next her mom.  The lady turned out to be her mom’s future mother-in-law! Can you believe that! At twelve years of age, little did my friend’s mom realize that the lady standing next to her would one day be a very important person in her life! My dear friend's mom and dad have been married for 64 years and still have a beautiful love for each other to this day!

“If your eyes could only see how God is moving all those chess pieces around the board for maximum impact, it would blow your mind. He’s up to something big that affects not only you, but those around you.” Beth Moore

What chess pieces is God moving on your “board”? If only your eyes could see!

Be encouraged today that God knows you, loves you, plans for you and protects you!

Let’s live in a state of wonder as we are reminded that we serve a God who is intimately involved with every detail of our life! Only God can see those "moves" that will have the most impact to our lives!


“Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:16





No comments:

Post a Comment