Sunday, April 13, 2014

His PASSION Towards Us!

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19

The other day as I was driving to an appointment, I heard a song on the radio. As the artist began singing the song, the beauty of the words and the melody of the song captivated my heart.

As soon as I returned home, I did some research on  the song. I wanted to know more about the heart of the writer. I knew that no one could write a song with so much heartfelt emotion without having had experienced the touch of God.

I discovered that the singer and songwriter was named Terry Clark and here is a little bit of his testimony and his experience of being touched by an all knowing and all loving God.

During his time in the military while serving in Northern Thailand near the border of Cambodia, he went through some real traumatic changes that he described as “a breaking inside”. The traumatic things that he saw and experienced caused him to “check out”. 

He explained that he was totally humiliated and embarrassed that he was a human being. The things that he saw humans do and all that he himself participated in caused him to “check out as a human”. 

Soon after his decision to “check out” he said that the "authorities" came and took him away to a hospital and checked him into the mental ward.  After they tested him the doctor’s diagnoses for him was “no hope”. They concluded that he saw death too close and cared for bodies that were too close to him. The doctor’s further concluded that all that he saw and all that he experienced, caused the traumatic turn he made in his thinking and that we would never recover.

Here is the part that shows the love of his Savior and my Savior and your Savior – Jesus Christ. Terry Clark said that Jesus spoke the following words to his heart after the doctors said that he would never recover. I have quoted them below:

“Terry, I know how you feel. I have seen every thing human beings have ever done. But I want you to understand the difference of our response of that. You’ve decided not to be a human being and I decided to become one.”

After hearing Jesus speak to him  - Terry said this:

And then he took my emptied out shell and flooded me - drowned me in how he felt towards human beings. It crushed me - it drowned me and I figured it was probably just a glimpse of how He felt toward human beings  - but it was enough to almost kill me - just from His passion towards us as His prize creation  - His family - His children.”

Terry went on to say this, “But needless to say - that day - the doctors issued a new diagnoses and where it said no hope – it said – recovering satisfactory.”

One touch from God, one word from Him can take a hopeless situation and transform our life's – from “no hope” to “all hope”!

Jesus’ love for us is so immense that if He let us experience it in full vent, it would overwhelm us – it would crush us – it would kill us.

This Easter, celebrate His great, great love for you! 

Celebrate the hope He offers all who know Him and follow Him! 

Celebrate that you are His prize possession! 

Celebrate that He, “Disarmed the powers and AUTHORITIES, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.” Colossians 2:15

In Terry's case, the physical authorities took him away to the mental ward. However, Jesus Christ disarmed ALL powers and "authorities", both physical and spiritual, triumphing over them by the CROSS!

Below, I have attached the Terry Clark song that captivated my heart, "I Am Yours". Enjoy!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment